I would strongly recommend everyone to try this at least once. Even when you are not having your confinement period, it is so delicious that it could serve as one of your dishes for lunch or dinner. Also, this dish benefits the large intestines, prevents a woman’s breasts from sagging after childbirth, reduces swelling in the legs, stimulates hair and muscle growth, and prevents skin infection.
Ingredients (For 1 serving)
• 300g chicken
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
• 3g mushrooms
• 30g straw mushroom
• 3g black fungus
• 20g ginger
• 20g sesame oil
• 6 tablespoons rice wine
• 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Cut the chicken into pieces and add Group 1 seasoning. Keep for 20 minutes.
2. Soak Group 2 ingredients for 30 minutes and slice the mushroom and black fungus.
3. Shred the ginger from Group 3 ingredients.
4. Fry Group 3 ingredients, add Group 1,2 and 4 ingredients and cover for 3 minutes till chicken is cooked.
5. Finally add Group 5 ingredients and stir well.
1. Black sesame oil is the top choice in this dish for medicinal purpose. White sesame oil is the second choice.
2. Raw oil is “cold” in nature, so it is advisable to ensure the sesame oil is “cooked”,that is heated first.