In the previous post, I shared recipe for Pig Trotter with Black Vinegar and Ginger. Some of you might be wondering how do you make the Red Easter Eggs as shown in the picture. So here is the recipe for that. Enjoy!
Before you make the red eggs, you must learn how to prepare a perfect hard-boiled egg. Here are some simple steps you can follow to make the perfect hard-boiled egg:
Perfect hard-boiled egg
Ingredients (For 10 servings)
• 10 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place eggs in a pot.
2. Add salt in the pot
3. Cover the eggs with cold water.
4. Put the pot on the stove and bring to a boil
5. Remove from heat and wait for 20 minutes.
6. Pour off hot water and run cold water over eggs to stop cooking process.
Red Easter Eggs
• 10 perfect hard boiled eggs
• 2 teaspoons red dye powder
• 1 teaspoon of vinegar
1. Mix the red dye with one cup of hot water in a bowl.
2. Blend evenly, add vinegar and mix well.
3. Dip one egg at a time into the red dye mixture.
4. Roll egg around to obtain an even colour on the shell.